Gabriel Fried is a poet and editor. He is the author of two collections of poetry, The Children Are Reading (Four Way Books, 2017) and Making the New Lamb Take (Sarabande Books, 2007), named a Best Book of 2007 by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. He is also the editor of an anthology, Heart of the Order: Baseball Poems. His poems have appeared in American Poetry Review, The American Scholar, The Paris Review, and other journals and magazines. He is the longtime Poetry Editor at Persea Books, an independently-owned, literary publishing house based in New York City.
MFA, Columbia University
- Gabriel Fried. The Children Are Reading (Four Way Books, 2017)
- Gabriel Fried (ed). Heart of the Order: Baseball Poems (Persea Books, 2015)
- Gabriel Fried. Making the New Lamb Take (Sarabande Books, 2007) Sarabande Books
- Director's Guest, The Civitella Ranieri Foundation
- Fellowship, The MacDowell Colony
- Kathryn A. Morton Award for Poetry